Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox General Forum

05-09 Equinox General Forum

Front end shake

This is a discussion on Front end shake within the 05-09 Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I have a 2006 Nox and I'am getting a shaking in the streering wheel, feels like I have tire wobble ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

dntoth is on a distinguished road
Default Front end shake

I have a 2006 Nox and I'am getting a shaking in the streering wheel, feels like I have tire wobble that you sometimes get on some 4x4 with large tires. I had it in the garage on numerous occasions and they can not find anything wrong. I was wondering if anyone might have the same problem or knows how to cure the issue

Dennis
dntoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

mswerb is on a distinguished road

Could be that the wheels are out of balance?
Old 09-22-2013, 11:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

If this is a continuous vibration while driving at highway speeds(55+) I would look into having your tires balanced like mentioned above and also have them perform a alignment. With a vehicle of this age, I would look for a way to buy into Lifetime alignments. I have had a program like this with firestone in the past.

The service bulletin for this issue always states that you should first look over tires and suspension for anything obvious that may be out of place. Like a bubble/flat spot/ or something sticking in the tire. Next would be alignment.

If the issue is not fixed, look into replacing lower control arm and bushings.

On another note, if you are experiencing the vibration only while braking. You must have the rotors turned down. Basically they take a paper thin slice off of both side of the rotor to ensure that it is smooth.

I hope this is helpful to you.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote