Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox General Forum

05-09 Equinox General Forum

Car won't start after being fueled

This is a discussion on Car won't start after being fueled within the 05-09 Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I've had this car for about 3years.. I just started having problems with it starting.. When I start the car ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2016, 11:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Bran83 is on a distinguished road
Default Car won't start after being fueled

I've had this car for about 3years.. I just started having problems with it starting.. When I start the car it starts then turns off I have to give it a little gas for it to stay on.. The engine light came on it said it was the fuel injectors, I had those changed then a week later it was the Egr valve, injectors, evap, and throttle control acuator.. I have also noticed that when I go to refuel it doesn't want to crank even when I give it gas. So I started refueling with the car still on so I don't have try so hard to start the car. I also started noticing when I did this if it was at a quarter of a tank and I would open the gas cap the car would shut off.. This is becoming a real hassle.. I'm thinking of fixing the throttle body next and the fuel pump because it's losing pressure.. Has anyone ever heard of this before. I tried to take it back to the dealer where I got it from but they say it has too much negative equity to be traded in..
Bran83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

Catbert is on a distinguished road

Is the computer throwing codes?
Catbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

equilover is on a distinguished road

Have your fuel pump, fuel pressure regulartor, and crank shaft sensor checked, just to be sure.
equilover is offline   Reply With Quote