Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox General Forum

05-09 Equinox General Forum

'08 Nox doors wont lock/unlock

This is a discussion on '08 Nox doors wont lock/unlock within the 05-09 Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
Paul, I'm with you...if all 4 don't work, it implies some single component like the module. I did have another ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

joesgt281 is on a distinguished road

Paul, I'm with you...if all 4 don't work, it implies some single component like the module.
I did have another Chevy a few years ago, a Suburban, which had problems with all doors, but it was the solenoids. They didn't all go out at one time, but within a year I had to replace all 4 of them. Apparently a real weak point for Chevys.
joesgt281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #17 (permalink)

TheDarkKnightKnox is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by papabearpaul View Post
Took it to the Chevy dealer last week and they said all 4 door latches were bad and would have to be replaced at a whopping cost of $880.00 plus tax. I have swapped out engines for less than that!
I asked how is it possible that all 4 latches went bad at the same time? The service advisor could not answer my question. All she said was the "Tech" could not get a signal at any of the latches. When I suggested that perhaps the module was at fault, she said the latches were bad. I paid the $85.00 check out (legalized robbery)fee and high tailed it out of there. Just bought the drivers door latch on ebay for about $30.00 brand new. I will install it when it arrives and see if the door works. Somehow I'm not too optimistic!
For $85 bucks, you have the right to speak with the tech not the service manager who just relays half ass information.

I'm pulling for ya my friend that it works!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

papabearpaul is on a distinguished road
Default The stealer was right!

The dealer (stealer) was right!!!!! Although I can't understand how 4 door actuators can go bad at the same time, that was the problem. I received my bargain brand new ebay driver door latch, installed it (what a P.I.T.A.) and I have a working drivers door lock again. I guess I'm just going to have to save up a few dollars and buy the other 3. In the mean time, I will keep an eye on it and see if it goes bad again. In my mind, it is highly improbable that all 4 went out at the same time for no reason. I still think there is an underlying cause that made all 4 go bad. For now, at least the drivers door works again. If anything changes, I'll keep you updated. Thanks for all the help and pictures.
papabearpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

The dealer (stealer) was right!!!!! Although I can't understand how 4 door actuators can go bad at the same time, that was the problem. I received my bargain brand new ebay driver door latch, installed it (what a P.I.T.A.) and I have a working drivers door lock again. I guess I'm just going to have to save up a few dollars and buy the other 3. In the mean time, I will keep an eye on it and see if it goes bad again. In my mind, it is highly improbable that all 4 went out at the same time for no reason. I still think there is an underlying cause that made all 4 go bad. For now, at least the drivers door works again. If anything changes, I'll keep you updated. Thanks for all the help and pictures.

Maybe give Auto Zone or Advanced. They might have universal latches that will work for your vehicle. Also readily available and affordable... I could be wrong but it couldn't hurt to check...

I hate how they seem to think that can keep customers by ripping them off...
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:50 PM   #20 (permalink)

raeos1500nm is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem with the locks on my nox also. Started with the driver door, moved to the passsenger, and now the back driver door. I am just waiting for the back passenger door. My question is, Is it the door latch, the door lock actuator, or the solenoid? I want to make sure I buy the right part before throwing away all that money for it to be the wrong part.
raeos1500nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:08 PM   #21 (permalink)

Soflonox is on a distinguished road

Has anyone else measured the voltage to the actuator? I am having similar issues with all four doors and am going through the electrical connections before pulling the actuator. I measure ~5 volts at the driver's door and the same at the fuse panel (fuse 8). This seems low to me, as the other circuits from the panel are at full voltage. Can anyone else verify the voltage for this circuit? In the meantime, I am chasing the grounds.
Soflonox is offline   Reply With Quote