Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 05-09 Equinox General Forum

05-09 Equinox General Forum

07 tach, fuel gauge, low heat, turnsignals

This is a discussion on 07 tach, fuel gauge, low heat, turnsignals within the 05-09 Equinox General Forum forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
Hi Everyone, The tachometer on my 07 will, upon engine start up, jump to 6k and then read from there ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2014, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

jerryotis is on a distinguished road
Default 07 tach, fuel gauge, low heat, turnsignals

Hi Everyone,

The tachometer on my 07 will, upon engine start up, jump to 6k and then read from there up! Engine, obviously, is not revving to this extreme. If I disconnect battery cable it will resume normal reading until it decides to act up again.

The fuel gauge is very erratic and will go way past full or read extremely low although the distance to empty reading stays true. This does not always occur at same time as the tach issue but disconnecting the battery also corrects this issue. I have seen posts about sulphur build up on the sender and that fuel additives can resolve it but also that senders had to be replaced. Why then, does it correct when I disconnect power?

All heater modes work correctly but I get low heat from the heater in all modes. Is this a blend door issue?

Lastly, the turn signals don't cancel. Are the cancelling cams in the switch or do I have to remove the air bag and get to the clock spring to fix this?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Jerry
jerryotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

I think the most recommended fix for this might be the BCM(Body control module).

It could also be related to a bad ground. You could go one of two ways with this... Cut the existing cable ends at the starter and crimp on new or replace the positive and negative cables with new.

I would start with the cables first and check grounds too.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote