Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Knowledge Center > The Official "How To:" Section

The Official "How To:" Section

radar mirror tap installation on 2014 Equinox

This is a discussion on radar mirror tap installation on 2014 Equinox within the The Official "How To:" Section forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Knowledge Center category!
I am new to this forum and need help on the installation of the blendmount radar dectector mirror tap wire ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2015, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

jonox47 is on a distinguished road
Default radar mirror tap installation on 2014 Equinox

I am new to this forum and need help on the installation of the blendmount radar dectector mirror tap wire for my 2014 LTZ Equinox. I got the plastic cover off the plastic cover on the windshield, but cannot determine how to detach the mirror wiring harness connector from it's stored position. I contacted Blendmount and they told me they have no information regarding the mirror tap wire installation on my '14 Equinox. Would really appreciate any assistance you all can provide. I have been a member of the corvette forum for many years and have both received and given lots of advice over the years that has been very helpful to me and it's members, and am hoping the same from this forum. Thanks.
jonox47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

Is this what you are trying to disassemble?

dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

jonox47 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for responding to my question. I really don't see the wiring harness connection in that graphic that you provided. I have an LTZ model that has all the front collision alert and lane departure warning, in addition to the OnStar / Sirius radio, so there is lots going on up there by the mirror. There is a small 2"x3" plastic cover that I removed from the larger plastic unit mounted to the windshield to reveal the wiring harness connection from the chassis to the mirror. I want to tap into this harness to power my radar detector. The wiring harness connection seems to be attacted to the upper part of the plastic cover / bracket and I don't know how to detach the harness connection from this bracket, and am afraid to force it, for fear of breaking something. I really believe I could get this job done, if I just knew the 'secret' to dislodging the wiring harness connector from it's installed location......... Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions...
jonox47 is offline   Reply With Quote