Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Knowledge Center > The Official "How To:" Section

The Official "How To:" Section

7" GPS for Equinox for under $160.

This is a discussion on 7" GPS for Equinox for under $160. within the The Official "How To:" Section forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Knowledge Center category!
Just brought a new Equinox LS and decided to add a GPS unit to it. I order a 7" Magellan ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

samvluong is on a distinguished road
Default 7" GPS for Equinox for under $160.

Just brought a new Equinox LS and decided to add a GPS unit to it. I order a 7" Magellan from Costco for $156. Since I using USB stick for my music so I don't need the cd player in the vehicle. I cut a piece of 3/4" plywood 4.25" by 7.5" with 45 angle at 1 end. Took the rubber liner under the cd player out. Put the plywood in there and hook the GPS up the it's holder that come with the GPS. Slice the GPS in and marked the base of the holder. Then peel the tape under the holder then stick it to the plywood. Now I have an unit that look almost like part of the car and convenient to program. It also easy to be remove if you need it in another car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0626031258.jpg (92.7 KB, 60 views)
samvluong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

TheDarkKnightKnox is on a distinguished road

That looks nice! I had done something a bit similar with my TomTom but i keep losing satellite signal and ended up placing it back in the window.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

samvluong is on a distinguished road

I have not take it for a test drive yet. However my wife told me it is work okay so far. I did put a 4.3" Magellan there and it was working fine for 400km test.
samvluong is offline   Reply With Quote