Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox Forum > Site News

Site News

Nightmare purchase!

This is a discussion on Nightmare purchase! within the Site News forums, part of the Chevy Equinox Forum category!
I purchased my 13 equinox in January of 2016, and have had nothing but issues since. I decided to call ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2017, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

kmc2084 is on a distinguished road
Default Nightmare purchase!

I purchased my 13 equinox in January of 2016, and have had nothing but issues since. I decided to call GM's corporate number to see if they could help at all, and they told me they wouldn't help me because my car was still in the previous owner's name.. I bought it at a dealership and have the title with my name and the correct VIN on it. I would love to get out of this vehicle if there's a way to without losing more money than I already have.. I've tried two different dealerships and two other repair facilities, and still have a strong smell of fuel on my dipstick and a horrible idle surge at start up. The car has 59,250 miles on it now, and the repairs started last year, when I had the timing chain replaced at 54,000 miles. A service advisor has even told me I didn't have a misfire, because my check engine light wasn't on.. to find out weeks later I had oil on three of four spark plugs and a misfire on two cylinders. I just want this nightmare to be over, any suggestions would be appreciated!
kmc2084 is offline   Reply With Quote