Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox Forum > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction

New member from VA

This is a discussion on New member from VA within the New Member Introduction forums, part of the Chevy Equinox Forum category!
Im retired USAF, and am now living in western Virginia. I don't have an Equinox quite yet- I currently drive ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

USA1fan is on a distinguished road
Default New member from VA

Im retired USAF, and am now living in western Virginia. I don't have an Equinox quite yet- I currently drive a 2008 Malibu LTZ V6. But I am getting set to order a new 2013 Equinox with the upgraded 3.6 in it. I'll be trading in the Malibu. I would've done it for a 2012, but after testing both 2.4 and 3.0 liter versions, I was left a little disappointed, especially in comparison the the car. Now, I know the car is lighter, more aerodynamic, and has more torque than even the V6 in the Equinox, but I expected better from the 3.0 than it gave. Since the new 3.6 is rated higher for both hp and torque than my car, I'm expecting the difference to be much less noticeable. It's going to be at least a few months (can't order until mid-June, according to my dealer), but I'll try to post back about the new ride once I've taken possession.

Anyway, great site, and I look forward to learning from, and maybe, participating in giving info here.
USA1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

TheDarkKnightKnox is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the site! I'm new as of last week myself! I personally went from a 07 Pontiac G6 GTP with the 3.6L, 252HP. Its def a bit of a change going to the 3.0L NOX but so far i'm not minding the difference the NOX has just enough power to keep me out of trouble with the Law. LOL
TheDarkKnightKnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

USA1fan is on a distinguished road

I'm surprised I haven't managed to get a ticket in the Malibu. I usually drive fairly conservatively, but every once in a while I've been running late..
USA1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

TheDarkKnightKnox is on a distinguished road
Talking

Well your wonderful State Police in VA like to give tickets to people going down 4% grades on I-77. LAME!!!!! lol

I'm going through there again tomorrow on my way to GA, this time in the KNOX so hopefully they will notice me less, and i'll have less of a lead foot, i want to see what the mileage will be without me having a lead foot.
TheDarkKnightKnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the site! VA has to be my favorite state to drive through on 77. I can get through the state in 45 minutes... Or so it seems. Can't wait for you to he the new ride!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

warner39 is on a distinguished road

Hi this is David newest member of this forum came here for the information about my Duramax so I am going to meet you all soon here in here discussion.