Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox Forum > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction

2008 Equinox Sport AWD. new owner here

This is a discussion on 2008 Equinox Sport AWD. new owner here within the New Member Introduction forums, part of the Chevy Equinox Forum category!
hey all, not new to forums, but am to this one. I just bought this 2008 carbon flash metallic Equinox ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2015, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

ryanhardy is on a distinguished road
Default 2008 Equinox Sport AWD. new owner here

hey all, not new to forums, but am to this one. I just bought this 2008 carbon flash metallic Equinox Sport AWD, and so far am in love with it! It's a pretty nice daily driver. I'm not extremely mechanically inclined, but I do know my way around a car fairly well. I bought this car mainly to serve as a winter vehicle, as I also own a 1997 Camaro SS which I only drive in the summer. Just picked this Nox up about 3 days ago, and like i said, pretty solid! there's zero rust, which is rare for upstate NY! It's super clean on the interior, and is in overall great shape. It's got 88k miles, and from what I no has almost every option, minus the rear entertainment system. Lookin to do just minor aesthetic upgrades to it, as per the fact that most of my funds go to school, or my Camaro. So far, I've got 55W 5000k HID's for Hi/Lows and Fogs, LED's for the MAP, Dome, and Trunk light, LED's for the license plate lights, and LED back up lights. Other than maybe changing some of the other bulbs out to LED's, changing the sound system out a little bit, and potentially in the farther out future an exhaust, this is probably the extent of what she'll have done to her. Just a clean mainly stock DD while im building a race car in the garage Pics to come later
ryanhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

here are some photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1585.jpg (92.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1597.jpg (90.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1589.jpg (91.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-17-2015, 08:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

Sweet ride and welcome to the site!

Thanks for sharing the photos!
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

anybody know of a site that's good for aftermarket parts, or anything like that?
Old 03-17-2015, 11:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Admin

What kind of aftermarket parts?
Old 03-18-2015, 12:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Originally Posted by dietz4ibanez View Post
What kind of aftermarket parts?
anything really, headlights, taillights, door sills, and other little trinkets like that. Mainly looking for headlights currently though
Old 03-18-2015, 10:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Admin

Ebay is a good start, I know there is a lot of crap on there but you can find some good stuff too.

I also know of a guy on Instagram that does good custom work with custom Halo's too.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Originally Posted by dietz4ibanez View Post
Ebay is a good start, I know there is a lot of crap on there but you can find some good stuff too.

I also know of a guy on Instagram that does good custom work with custom Halo's too.
what's his name? All I've found on ebay is overpriced OEM stuff or chinese crap
Old 03-19-2015, 12:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Admin

Originally Posted by ryanhardy View Post
what's his name? All I've found on ebay is overpriced OEM stuff or chinese crap
Mick_JDmotorsports

He's not cheap either but what he does is amazing!
Old 03-26-2015, 01:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

sweet, thanks! How about other just general parts? like any specific websites for equinox's?

Last edited by ryanhardy; 03-27-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

also, anyone have a tune on their equinoxs'? Looking to find someone to do that, maybe get a few extra MPG/ HP from it....
Old 04-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

had a little photo shoot the other day after a quick little detail. One of the nicest days so far, and of course it snowed the next day.

Anyone have any tips/ tricks to get rid of some salt corrosion? Some of my wheels have spots with that, and I don't want to pay to have them re-chromed/ re plated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1722.jpg (93.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1713.jpg (97.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1715_2.jpg (98.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1714.jpg (96.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1703.jpg (93.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-09-2015, 01:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

mswerb is on a distinguished road

Corrosion sucks, my wheels were like that when I got my '07. I went the Plasti-Dip route and then painted them by way of shaker can.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:06 PM   #14 (permalink)

randylutz is on a distinguished road

Nice photos showing off your rig, looks good. To address corrosion and rust on rims, you can wash it with your usual soap and water, use detailing brush or a wire brush, then apply rust proof coating. I read up some instructions here, might help.
randylutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

So I haven't been on here in a while, so here's an update. Living in NY, and this being a winter vehicle, I got it undercoated. Got a great deal since I knew a guy who worked there. Ended up paying just about $500 for their top package which is ~2k. Got $1000 off, as a fleet price, and then they gave us it for buy one get one free (my father had his Impala done). Anyways, it includes a full undercoating, then they also rub each door jam, bottom of the door, and inside the hood, etc, gets coated, and they also have a gun that injects it into hard to reach places. That comes with a lifetime warranty on their work, that the car wont rust, and I can go back every year and have it resprayed. I also got a free clay bar detail w/ wax, etc. as a thanks for being in the military. thumbs up Mods I've accomplished, I put in new headlights, since the old ones were very oxidized, swapped HIDS into the heads and fogs, swapped LED's into the interior lights, and back up lights. It's also going into the shop in early november to have some paint blemishes fixed, and the rear passenger side door has some rust starting, so that's gonna be stopped before it spreads, and gave it a fresh oil change for winter with full synthetic Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. That's it for the mods right now, will probably do the headunit next, but the Camaro's taking most of the money currently haha. Oh, and I also met with one original owner! found a picture in the glove box, but also found his address in the owners manual on delivery paperwork, so I went to his house, returned the picture, and talked about the car a bit. Some dings on it, and the fact that the carfax shows it as almost 10k in between oil changes (he did them himself in between) He traded it in for a brand new impala LTZ