Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications > Engine & Performance Modifications

Engine & Performance Modifications

Oil life

This is a discussion on Oil life within the Engine & Performance Modifications forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications category!
I have a 2019 Equinox with 800 miles on it. It has the 4 cylinder turbo engine in it. Th ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2019, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
BHB

BHB is on a distinguished road
Default Oil life

I have a 2019 Equinox with 800 miles on it. It has the 4 cylinder turbo engine in it. Th oil life shows 58% life left. Basically used for normal local driving. Is this oil life reading normal?
BHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

Cliff is on a distinguished road

Could be. For any new engine, I usually change the factory fill oil out before 2000 miles anyway to get the break in wear metal particulates out of the motor and get some clean oil in. If you do the same and change the oil early, just reset the OLM and see how it does after that. Who knows, the OLM programming may be doing the thinking for you! I am not a real adherent of OLM methodology, but they might have gotten this one right for you. You will not know until you change the oil, reset the OLM, and see what happens down the road.
Cliff is offline   Reply With Quote