Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications > Engine & Performance Modifications

Engine & Performance Modifications

Intakes for 3.0 V6

This is a discussion on Intakes for 3.0 V6 within the Engine & Performance Modifications forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications category!
anyone had any luck locating an intake supplier for this motor? I currently have a 2011 3.0 V6 fwd Equinox. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

MBrink3.0V6 is on a distinguished road
Default Intakes for 3.0 V6

anyone had any luck locating an intake supplier for this motor? I currently have a 2011 3.0 V6 fwd Equinox. Already have the k7n drop in filter.

thanks
MBrink3.0V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

The drop in filter is what I have right now. Some have tried to modify them but nothing truly any batter than the drop in filters.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

EQUINKNOCKS777 is on a distinguished road

I made a custom fit short ram cold air intake and now just last nite made a custom fit ram air tube connecting to end of the cold air intake. Without the ram air it makes big diff power wise I dunno about how much hp but you can def feel it on the ass dyno. I suggest it to any NOX owner. Passing on hiway is so much better add the magnaflow muffler and your really talkin. I cut off my cat sold it for 125$ bought the muffler welded it back together and for a v6 it sounds mean. Duals are next. I found a turbo setup online and I'm seriously thinkin about it. Takes the stock 185hp up to about 230 without a serious tune. Think tb SS but in NOX size. Yea buddy. When you see the dark purple NOX on 22s with purple hid lites fly by u you think that guys a serious NOX owner lol. I don't care I love it. First fwd car I've ever liked
EQUINKNOCKS777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

JayLT484 is on a distinguished road

I just went on ebay and got an air intake kit for $40 and I noticed a much better power difference and sound difference.
JayLT484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Paul79UF is on a distinguished road

I had a K&N open cone filter in my old Grand Prix 3.8L supercharged.

I'm not sure if it made much more power, but the sound was nice.

A simple open cone might be a good option for us. My '12 also has the LFA 3.0L V6. Although a CAI or fender well type setup would be better for extra HP or mileage.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

Every intake I ever installed only made a louder sound in the engine. Other than that the fuel mileage wasn't any better or was it any quicker.

Once I added a tune to the z71, then I noticed some differences for sure. I don't know if if the intake had anything to do with that or not.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

2010BlkGraniteNox is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dietz4ibanez View Post
Every intake I ever installed only made a louder sound in the engine. Other than that the fuel mileage wasn't any better or was it any quicker.

Once I added a tune to the z71, then I noticed some differences for sure. I don't know if if the intake had anything to do with that or not.
Most intakes infact do just this, I've had dyno's done before where the intake actually caused a reduction in HP. They are nice for noise, but typically other restrictions are in place before the intake flow becomes an issue. I do like the sound on a Turbo/Supercharger though , debating something for my A3 so I can hear to turbo at times lol

2012 Silver Imapala LT 3.6 VVT SIDI 304HP (work car)
2012 Audi A3 Sportback Premium Plus TDI (current)
2010BlkGraniteNox is offline   Reply With Quote