Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications > Engine & Performance Modifications

Engine & Performance Modifications

Cel p0017

This is a discussion on Cel p0017 within the Engine & Performance Modifications forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications category!
I have had an intermittent diagnostic code on the Terrain's dash for the past month, and am puzzled after replacing ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Qrsterling
  • 1 Post By Qrsterling
  • 1 Post By dietz4ibanez
  • 1 Post By Qrsterling
  • 1 Post By Crashandburn1980

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2015, 07:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Qrsterling is on a distinguished road
Default Cel p0017

I have had an intermittent diagnostic code on the Terrain's dash for the past month, and am puzzled after replacing the Crank sensor. The 4 hour job (had to remove cat. conv. and exhaust pipe to access back side of engine block) at the local mechanic removed the check engine light, and allowed me to remote start the vehicle. One day later, the CEL came back on. I also replaced one of the camshaft sensors on bank 1, intake side. Any suggestions on a fix?
thomas1 likes this.
Qrsterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

The CEL P0017 is on my 2010 Terrain 3.0L V-6. Replaced only 1 of the 4 cam sensors so far.
thomas1 likes this.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

I would like to think that if there was a issue with your cam sensors as a precautionary measure I would think they would not allow your engine to fire.

They be be measuring and reporting back an unevenness in your timing. Could be a stretched timing chain. How many miles are on your vehicle?

I'm still hoping it's one of the 4 sensors, though.
thomas1 likes this.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Have 109,000 miles. It doesn't fire as quickly as it used to, but does start and runs fine. Is it possible that I have to visit a dealer to have a re-learn procedure performed?
thomas1 likes this.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Crashandburn1980 is on a distinguished road
Default 2010 terrain p0014 and p0017

Hi all need help asap found my gmc to have these codes and only these codes I'm a Chrysler tech so I do not have access to gm scan tool but they told me to replace the motor I'm like no way. Of course no warranty engine runs fine just the light is on plz helpb
thomas1 likes this.
Crashandburn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

teddybear05 is on a distinguished road

I have that same code p0014 on 2010 chevy equinox. And we took it to a repair shop and they change the variable valve timing solenoid both of them. And the code stayed off for three months and then the check engine light came on again and that same code came up and then we took it to the repair shop again and they found nothing wrong with the solenoid and they change the oil again and this time they put synthetic oil in it. And not even a week later the check engine light came on again, same code. So please help
teddybear05 is offline   Reply With Quote