Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications > Audio & Electronics

Audio & Electronics

Subwofer//amp installation questions

This is a discussion on Subwofer//amp installation questions within the Audio & Electronics forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications category!
Hey all! New here and I would like to say hello! Also need some help if anyone wouldn't mind. I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

qexler is on a distinguished road
Default Subwofer//amp installation questions

Hey all! New here and I would like to say hello! Also need some help if anyone wouldn't mind. I built a tline enclosure for my wives 2013 1lt equinox, it is housing a single American Bass XD 6.54" subwoofer. Running it off a single RE Audio 600.2 DTX... I started tearing into this Equinox this morning and quickly noticed it's pretty different from any other car I have worked on. Could anyone maybe help me out by giving me and idea where they ran there amp wires through the firewall? Also if anyone used a line out convertor could anyone give me some info on how to wire this convertor to the MYlink radio? I hear there is a factory amplifier that you are supposed to wire the convertor into before the signal is amplified, I can't seem to find this amp either though? Any help is greatly greatly appreciated!
qexler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Subwofer//amp installation questions

I've wired up a few systems in my day. I will try to be as much help as possible.

I don't think you will find a line out to provide your amp with audio.

In the appropriately equipped Equinoxes with powered subs, they were located in the cargo bay on the right, so, I might start there for wiring harnesses. I've always tried to keep my newer cars as factory as possible. I have used the converters that uses audio signal from the wires that go to the speakers. You can easily tap into those wires to feed your amp the audio while your amp, amplifies it to you sub!

I hope this helps. Or at least points you in the right direction.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
1lt

1lt is on a distinguished road

Let me know if you still need help on this.
1lt is offline   Reply With Quote