Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications > Audio & Electronics

Audio & Electronics

More bluetooth problems!

This is a discussion on More bluetooth problems! within the Audio & Electronics forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications category!
I have now actually had the dealer install a new stereo system after continuous bluetooth problems. The bluetooth connection is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

maribeth721 is on a distinguished road
Default More bluetooth problems!

I have now actually had the dealer install a new stereo system after continuous bluetooth problems. The bluetooth connection is now so bad it's un-useable. The dealer connected several phones (not mine) to the sterer and still had a bad connection. He then connected multiple phones to TWO other 2014 Equinoxes they had on their lot and the connection was terrible. So I was told that this "feature" isn't compatible with the Equinox. What!!! I do not accept this as a solution! Has anyone else had these issues? I would very much appreciate some insight. Thanks!!
maribeth721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

pieter is on a distinguished road

I've had no problem with my '13 'Nox and my Galaxy S3, worked the first time I tried it. Straight forward process too. If the dealer is having issues I suggest the issue is the dealer and not the vehicle, particularly when they made the comment they did, which sounds as if they simply wanted to dismiss you because they weren't prepared to deal with it. You may wish to contact GM Customer Service with the details of the phone and the vehicle (VIN #), as well as your experience with the dealer and this example of atrocious customer service.

BTW, are you sure the dealer replaced the stereo, or did just simply keep the car for most of the day to placate you?
pieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

bigbillsd is on a distinguished road

Try replacing your phone with one on the compatibility list. 2014 Equoinox radios do not seem to be ready for prime-time compared to other vendors. My 2011 Nissan worked with every phone i had, phone, streaming etc. My wife's 2014 LTZ, not so much, had to replace her phone to get it to work most of the time. Its still not even close to working all the time, but it made it a lot better. I am very tired of hearing her complaints each time it won't connect.

BTW, I replaced my ole 2003 Silverado radio with a new $99 aftermarket radio and that works every time with my phone and my wife's. Not sure how GM could screw the pooch on such a simple thing as a radio, but I will probably not buy another Chevy/GM again due to this painful issue. Otherwise we really love the Equinox.
bigbillsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

cinbol is on a distinguished road
Default Bluetooth connectivity issue

I have a 2013 Chevy Equinox and had it paired with my Droid Incredible and it worked fine. I recently upgraded my phone to a Droid Mini - 4G LTE and when trying to use the voice activated dialer it doesn't understand my commands - if I say "dial" and then a name from the phone book say Jane Doe it will come back and say "did you say 509?" or something similar.

All of a sudden it doesn't like my voice or something - any suggestions?
cinbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

TheDarkKnightKnox is on a distinguished road

I had the same issue when switching from HTC EVO 3d to Galaxy S4. Instead of being able to use the voice activation from the phone i am now required to enter the names and phone number into the Onstar system stored to the car.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

deniro12 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by maribeth721 View Post
I have now actually had the dealer install a new stereo system after continuous bluetooth problems. The bluetooth connection is now so bad it's un-useable. The dealer connected several phones (not mine) to the sterer and still had a bad connection. He then connected multiple phones to TWO other 2014 Equinoxes they had on their lot and the connection was terrible. So I was told that this "feature" isn't compatible with the Equinox. What!!! I do not accept this as a solution! Has anyone else had these issues? I would very much appreciate some insight. Thanks!!
You may want to make the dealer aware of your states' lemon laws.
I will have now taken my NEW 2014 Equinox back to the dealer for the second time in 10 days. After following the regimen out lined by CHEVY ( updating the software on my Note 3 ) it worked fine for one day . Then the radio went blank and reset after a second or two. After that the Bluetooth went back to the old way of working. Which is to disconnect when there is an incoming call. Additionally the Bluetooth will disconnect if I try to answer an incoming call. Contrary to the owner manual this should not happen.
In Virginia after three tries to repair the same item on a new or leased to the original owner, the car is declared a lemon.
I plan to work with GM to see it this can be corrected , if not then I shall proceed under the lemon law.
Personally I feel deceived and mislead by GM ( I think GM at this point should stand for Guaranteed Maintenance )
deniro12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 04:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

slider9499 is on a distinguished road

I own a 2014 Equinox. I use an HTC One M8 Android phone which I connect via bluetooth
When I play music or pdocasts through the car's stereo, the audio is very, very low
This does not happen when the radio or a CD is playing.

I was told my Chevy to try a radio reset.

1. Turn the infotainment system on
and press the CONFIG button to
access the Configuration
Settings menu.

2. Turn the MENU/SEL knob to
highlight Vehicle Settings.

3. Press the center of the MENU/
SEL knob to select the Vehicle
Settings menu.

4. Return to Factory Settings

I doubt this will work but i will try it.
slider9499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Dmarie is on a distinguished road

I own a 2013 Equinox LT I've had the car one month. My infotainment system has worked beautifully until today. The unit went completely black and will not come back on. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you get it to come back on. I'm so upset about this because I really like this car
Dmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

Fran is on a distinguished road
Default unable to "reply" to texts

I have a 2014 Chev Equinox and love it - I don't have any issues with phone except on occasion, I am not given the optione to "reply" to a text. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix?
thanks
Fran
Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

billyblackview is on a distinguished road
Default Infotainment system problems

I have a 2014 Chevrolet Equinox that has a problematic Infotainment system. My screen will freeze, drop my device from the list of connected bluetooth devices, and make stuttering noises with the audio played over bluetooth.
I have brought it in several times to the dealer and they have provided an update to the system as the fix. After the first time, I started realizing I have deeper problems than a simple “update” will fix. These updates are not covered under any extended warranty according to the service representative.

Here are a few videos that show the symptoms.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrTM5ftU2EoFTzkBWEUaYV1UvwjGOrLm7

Has anyone else had the same issue?
billyblackview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Dustythedog is on a distinguished road
Default Equinox bluetooth not connecting

My problem with Bluetooth was in a 2012 Chevy Equinox. It worked fine since new and just last week it would not connect. I followed all the instructions in the manual but nothing worked. We then contacted on-star to see if they could help. They did a bunch of diagnostic stuff but nothing worked. What did work was disconnecting the vehicle battery, waiting fifteen minutes and reconnecting battery. It took a few minutes for everything to sinc up but it has worked fine ever since. Not sure why this worked but it did. Hope this helps.
Dustythedog is offline   Reply With Quote