Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications > Audio & Electronics

Audio & Electronics

2016 radio upgrade

This is a discussion on 2016 radio upgrade within the Audio & Electronics forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications category!
Has anyone been successful adding what ever it takes to make the subwoofer in the base audio system integrate with ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2016, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

daddymacmo is on a distinguished road
Default 2016 radio upgrade

Has anyone been successful adding what ever it takes to make the subwoofer in the base audio system integrate with the noise cancellation system? I want more bass and the unit is the same as what comes with the Pioneer system but I cant find anyone that knows how to do it right.
daddymacmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

pieter is on a distinguished road

You need a different amp, replace the standard 6-channel amp with the Pioneer 8-channel one and it's good to go, plug and play, BUT, you're working in a tight space, it's a bit of a fiddle....
pieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

cowboy is on a distinguished road

Does the non premium sound system have the same wiring harness at the amp and in the right rear quarter panel to add a sub woofer ?
And if I add a premium amp will it work OK with non Pioneer premium speakers ? Thanks
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

pieter is on a distinguished road

Seems to me if you're looking to add some ooomph you might as well upgrade the speakers...The current speaker will work with the Pioneer amp, but if improving the overall enjoyment of the car's stereo is what you're looking for you should take the plunge and upgrade the speakers...
pieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 04:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Jammus is on a distinguished road

The wiring harnesses are the same.

I have a 2016 Nox LS I4 with the color screen radio no nav 6 spkr and wanted to get the subwoofer working. On advice from others with lower model year vehicles, I was told all you had to do was replace the amp with the upgraded Pioneer (UZ8) 8 speaker amp and everything should work. The model number on the UZ8 amp changed around 2012 from 20880431 to 22855806, but it appeared from reading that it didn't matter. I bought one from the earlier years (20880431) and it didn't run the front speakers or the sub...only the rear door speakers. That also kills phone bluetooth phone call sound and chimes, which come from the front. I thought it was defective, sent it back, got another same model, didn't work. It occurred to me that maybe the change in model number came with the advent of the bluetooth connectivity, so I sent the second one back and bought one from the later models (22855806). I really thought I had figured it out. NOPE! Same thing...only rear doors work. So, now I'm in here again trying to figure out whether something changed in 2016, or if maybe the radio somehow needs its software changed to make it work.

Mutigers9 in another thread said about the speaker wire colors being different may be the issue.

Does anyone know anything to help me figure out how to make this work?
Jammus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Jammus is on a distinguished road

Bump
Jammus is offline   Reply With Quote