Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications > Audio & Electronics

Audio & Electronics

2011 equinox no sound and display messed up

This is a discussion on 2011 equinox no sound and display messed up within the Audio & Electronics forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications category!
Ok, what I'm about to say here is embarrassing... So I had a dead battery a while back and had ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2018, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Jimmitybob33 is on a distinguished road
Default 2011 equinox no sound and display messed up

Ok, what I'm about to say here is embarrassing... So I had a dead battery a while back and had to jump my car and... Accidentally hooked the leads up backward on the equinox (insert Homer Simpson "DOH!" Here). And immediately after I have no sound at all, blinkers, door chime etc. Nothing. The display is all weird, just lots of lines going through it. Do I need a new radio or just new display? Or both? I did notice after a while that the CD player kept cycling like it was trying to load and I'd hear a very faint static noice through the speakers. Anyway, I'm very sick of it and now in a position to fix it finally, just looking for some insight.
Jimmitybob33 is offline   Reply With Quote