Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications > Interior Modifications

Interior Modifications

Power/Auxillary Outlet(s) got wet, how to change

This is a discussion on Power/Auxillary Outlet(s) got wet, how to change within the Interior Modifications forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications category!
We had some flooding in Chicago this weekend and my car got an inch or three of water . The ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

afalconsvick is on a distinguished road
Default Power/Auxillary Outlet(s) got wet, how to change

We had some flooding in Chicago this weekend and my car got an inch or three of water . The amp got wet and needs replaced. I know how to do that.

My main question is how do I remove/replace the power outlets in front of my car. I have a 2005 Equinox. I have an outlet right next to the emergency break between the 2 seats and another on the center console for the rear seats. I know the fuses are okay because I checked them and replaced them and still no power. I figured since my car was in about 1- 1 1/2 feet of water they got wet and shorted out. Any help is great, thanks!
afalconsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

I am wondering if and when all the wiring is completely dry if that will solve the issues.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote