Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications > Interior Modifications

Interior Modifications

No rear air??

This is a discussion on No rear air?? within the Interior Modifications forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Modifications category!
I'm doing research for my next vehicle (which I will purchase within the next year), and the 2010 Equinox is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

renee is on a distinguished road
Default No rear air??

I'm doing research for my next vehicle (which I will purchase within the next year), and the 2010 Equinox is at the top of my list. However, today I realized there is no rear air. Which I find odd. To those of you who have the Equinox...is this a problem for you, or does the cabin quickly cool down? We've been experiencing 100+ temps here. Not sure if I want to sacrifice no rear air??
Your feedback would be appreciated.
renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

2010BlkGraniteNox is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by renee View Post
I'm doing research for my next vehicle (which I will purchase within the next year), and the 2010 Equinox is at the top of my list. However, today I realized there is no rear air. Which I find odd. To those of you who have the Equinox...is this a problem for you, or does the cabin quickly cool down? We've been experiencing 100+ temps here. Not sure if I want to sacrifice no rear air??
Your feedback would be appreciated.
There are no rear air vents in the center console sadly I agree (but do not believe many of the small utes offer that, could be wrong), the Nox has the same thing the Rav4, CRV and others in this market have, rear air floor vents that if you put the vents blowing into the floor as well, it will move air to the rear of the cabin just the same as any of the others in this category.

I live in FL where the temps are plenty hot, and if I'm going to have passengers in the rear I just do remote start and start cooling the car down. The AC is very effective at cooling down the cabin imo, especially when you consider the size of it. I've never had someone complain about "heat", its usually about too cold, and I'm usually turning the ac up once it cools down the cabin.

2012 Silver Imapala LT 3.6 VVT SIDI 304HP (work car)
2012 Audi A3 Sportback Premium Plus TDI (current)
2010BlkGraniteNox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the site Renee..!!!

As Steve said there are no rear vents but yet floor vents but we have 2 Siberian Husky's that like it rather cool in the back cargo area of the Equinox... I don't think that it will be a problem at all...

We use our remote start as it is 100's plus here!
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks, Steve and Brian, for your responses! That makes me feel a little better. In addition to 2 kids, I have 2 dogs that will be riding in the cargo area every now and then too. I plan to get the 2LT trim, which has the auto start, I believe. I just know I want the premium audio package...#1 on my list!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Admin

Originally Posted by renee View Post
Thanks, Steve and Brian, for your responses! That makes me feel a little better. In addition to 2 kids, I have 2 dogs that will be riding in the cargo area every now and then too. I plan to get the 2LT trim, which has the auto start, I believe. I just know I want the premium audio package...#1 on my list!
Yep 2LT will have remote start and will be well equipped especially with dogs you will want the leather. My dogs drool down the seat... that would be nasty with cloth seats. .. I will post a picture up with the dogs....
Old 07-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Cool! I would love to see a pic of your pups in your Equinox!
I have "foo-foo" dogs...a Havanese and a Tibetan Terrier, so they don't drool or shed.
Leather is further down on my "want" list.
It will all depend on what prices do on 2010's after the 2011's come out.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Admin

Here is the picture I promised.... this is koda-left and chevy-right....

Old 07-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Admin

Here is the picture I promised.... this is koda-left and chevy-right....