View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 09:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Gordito

Gordito is on a distinguished road
Default Spare tire well

We took the 2018 Equinox to a Glass replacement shop per the local Chevy dealer since we were one month out of warranty. The first glass shop checked only the front two drain holes and reported no issues. Unknown to me at the time the Panoramic sunroof has four drain holes. In my scenario only one of the two being on the driver side rear hole was clogged. To fix the issue the rear interior of the vehicle has to be disassembled starting at the spare wheel floor and then work your way up the sides of the hard plastic walls until finally dropping the headliner to gain access to the drain ports. If you attempt this you must use extreme care to not touch the interior sun shade of the sunroof mechanism. If you ajar or wrinkle the sun shade it will never look or operate the same again. This design is very problematic due to when the rear port of the sunroof leaks it drops water all over the electrical relay box located on the driver side rear of the vehicle. The relay has it own small service door accessible from the trunk storage area. Add to that if the water accumulates long enough in the spare tire wheel well mold will become pervasive (in my case) under the subfloor which covers the spare tire compartment. This entire episode has been an expensive nightmare to put it politely. We will never buy a sunroof option moving forward.
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote